Host an Event for Refuge House
Refuge House is very thankful for the generous support of our wonderful community. If you would like to host an event for Refuge House please see our guidelines below. Then fill out our somple online host an event application form. Once you have filled out the form, click submit and one of our staff will contact you within a few days. Again, thank you for your support!
Refuge House Guidelines for Events & Special Activities
Thank you for your interest in supporting Refuge House by sponsoring an event. We appreciate your support. Refuge House appreciates our sponsors and have provided these guidelines so that your proposed activities and the entities involved are in solidarity with our mission.
- The sponsoring individual, group or organization’s special event or activity must help further Refuge House’s mission: to provide direct services to battered women, their children and sexual assault survivors as well as to work to eliminate the conditions in society that allow such violence to continue.
- The sponsoring individual, group or organization will assume the burden of the cost of the event or activity.
- The sponsoring individual, group or organization affirms that all municipal, county, state and federal laws and regulations are met.
- Publicity and promotional materials must be approved by Refuge House staff prior to release.
- If publicity or promotional assistance by Refuge House is required, give us a clear outline of our expected obligations well in advance.
- Refuge House cannot guarantee media acceptance of press releases and cannot be responsible for the entire event marketing plan.
- Advanced planning is crucial, some media such as local magazines require a 2-3 month lead time.
- The sponsoring individual must state in all publicity what percentage of the "net proceeds" or flat amount will be contributed to Refuge House. Note: The term, “net proceeds” refers to the funds remaining after the deduction of expenses for your special event or activity.
- The sponsoring individual, group or organization should obtain, at their expense, any liability insurance that might be required for the special event or activity.
- If the sponsoring individual, group or organization offers free tickets for our clients, the tickets must be sent to the administrative offices to be distributed to interested clients.
- In order to maintain client confidentiality, Refuge House cannot participate in special events or activities that would “spotlight” our clients.
Thank you, in advance, for following our guidelines and for your support. Refuge House depends on generous donors like you to make our services possible.
Click here to fill out our special events application. Click here.
Refuge House Community Fund Raising Events
The Annual Thanksgiving Turkey Trot
Gulf Winds Track Club usually holds its annual Thanksgiving Day Run each November at the State Office Satellite Complex in Southwood. Generally they sponsor 1 mile, 5K, 10K and 15K races. Refuge House is a beneficiary of this great event and we hope to see you there. Please go to gulfwinds.org for more information.