Refuge House will be holding the 21st Annual Golf Tournament with a new and exciting format this year in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month! The Social Distance Classic, a revolutionary new format,allows golfers to show their support for Refuge House by paying their tournament fee and completing their round anytime from October 1st through October 30th. Tournament host, Capital City Country Club, will collect scorecards from players and will provide lunch at the conclusion of your round of golf.
We invite you to register by returning the entry form which can be found on the Refuge House website at www.refugehouse.com, and play your round of golf at Capital City Country Club any time from October 1st – 30th.
Please note the differences in this year’s tournament:
- The tournament will be a stroke play individual event, rather than the usual team event.
- We are still accepting sponsorships for the event, with each sponsorship level given a specific number of individual golf and lunch vouchers for each participant. (See reverse side for more details on levels)
- We encourage participants to invite friends to play the course, however, if your friends aren’t playing in the tournament, their rate will be the customary greens fee rate.
- Each player will receive golf and lunch vouchers via mail once registration and payment is complete.
- Tee times will begin October 1, 2020 and run through October 30, 2020.
- At the conclusion of your round, simply turn in your scorecard to the Club Pro Shop and then enjoy lunch in the 19th Hole.
- We’ll wrap up the tournament October 31st at the Ball Drop.
- Prizes for Low Gross and Low Net will be awarded at the Ball Drop held October 31st.
Every year, Refuge House provides comprehensive, life-changing services to thousands of women, children, and men within the eight county Big Bend region. Our services include 24-hour crisis lines, two emergency shelters, transitional housing, individual and group counseling for adults and children, children’s services, community education and professional training, and courthouse advocacy.
If you have questions regarding the tournament or sponsorships, please contact Michelle Frier at (850) 922-6062 ext. 1011, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.