The Youth Services Program provides direct services to youth who have experienced or been affected by domestic violence. Trained staff and volunteers work to provide a safe space for youth to talk openly regarding their experience as well as provide them with helpful tools to navigate the violence they experience in their lives. Refuge House’s youth services are designed to reduce the risk factors leading kids toward violence and promote protective factors in an effort to end the cycle of violence. These services include but are not limited to:
- Individual and group advocacy
- Crisis intervention
- Information and referrals
- Evidence-based curricula implementation
- Educational and social support groups
- Safety-planning in relation to child’s age and environment
To access Refuge House’s Youth Services Program or to gather more information please call Refuge House’s 24-hour hotline.